1. What should I bring? A bathing suit and towel are a must. We supply life jackets and helmets, shower facilities are available at both locations. You will get wet!
2. What are hours of operation? By appointment only! Memorial day through Labor day and longer at our Lancaster location, depending on weather. Call 740 FLY-TIME!
3. What is it like to fly? Awesome! Exhilarating! Like flying in the front seat of a roller coaster with no track to view, and direction of flight is yours to maneuver. With good balance the Flyboard is easier than expected, both are a RUSH!!!!
4. What if I fall? Falling is not expected, however, if falling from the maximum height of 30 ft., you will enter the water at less than 30 mph with some part of the jet pack breaking the waters surface prior to your body entering. As you gradually land in the water, you will be protected by the saddle, backrest, body harness, PFD, and water helmet. It is important to always stay well away from the boat unit while in flight.
5. AGE? What is required to fly? You must be 18 years of age or older, healthy and in good physical condition. No history of any heart conditions and NOT pregnant.You must also have good vision and be able to understand our (English speaking) instructors. Also, you must be a good swimmer and should NOT feel uncomfortable having your face in the water occasionally.
6. Are there any size restrictions? The JETLEV jet pack is adjustable for pilots between 5 feet, and 6 feet 6 inches tall, with a maximum waist of 46 inches. Minimum weight is 90lbs. and maximum weight of 300lbs.
7. Is it uncomfortable, and do I need lots of strength to fly? No. Unlike parasailing, your weight is supported by the padded unicycle-style seat. The 5-point harness holds you securely to the jet pack allowing you to steer, simply by leaning the direction you want to turn. Strength is a minimal effort used to lift up and pull down the control arms 1 to 2 notches at a time which in turn directs the nozzles for flight.
8. How long does it take to learn to fly? Our teaching methods make it easy to learn. Your learning curve will depend on your willingness to accept new things, and your ability to follow the instructors verbal directions. Our qualified instructors can teach a new pilot to fly in as little as 6 minutes.
9. What if I choose to cancel my appointment? We ask that you cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, otherwise, the paid flight is subject to forfeiture.
10. How do I choose which location to fly from? If you want to experience submarines in 20+feet deep, crystal clear water, choose Lancaster and make plans to enjoy the Hocking Hills at the same time. If you love Cedar Point and all the wonderful attractions around Lake Erie, choose Sandusky. The Flyboard is only offered in Lancaster!
11. Do you cancel for rain? No,we only cancel for lightning and severe wind! Flying in the rain is often peaceful and calming, getting wet is part of the fun!